Tuesday 29 September 2009

TGA Vita Continued...

Apart from their shared heritiage and modernist styling the TGA Vita and NHC Royale 4 are quite different beasts (yes I know I was comparing them in the last post!). The Royale 4 is a true heavyweight mobility scooter weighing over 100lbs more (batteries included) than the Vita . The Royale is also six inches longer and an inch and a half wider than its smaller cousin. Perhaps it is a little surprising that the TGA Vita actually claims a higher maximum rider weight of 400lbs to the Royale's 350lbs, but it is less surprising that the Vita with its slimline form requires a lot less juice coming stock with 2 x 50 Ah batteries whereas the Royale requires 2 x 80 Ah. The Vita also has a less powerful motor - 700 watts versus 1,300 watts in the Royale - but this doesn't seem to affect the pick up on the machine as it felt very lively during our quick test. Ride comfort in both machines is provided by fully active suspension, all wheel on the Royale and front wheels and single post on te TGA Vita. Both have oversized pneumatic tyres front and rear, although again the Royale as befits it's greater size adds an inch or so on both front and rear tyres. I think I am going to have to change my initial assessment on the TGA Vita: I still love it, but I'm not sure it is the Royale killer I assumed at first look. The difference finally is about power. If you are looking for a mobility scooter to power up steep gradients on or off road you may find that the Royale is still the best scooter for you, but if you are looking for something that can do a bit of everything and is above all fun then I think you should seriously consider the TGA Vita.

No comments:

Post a Comment